Lead Python DeveloperThe Company:
Octopus Labs is not your typical financial services company. We want to change the world of finance for the better, with easy-to-use products and services that help people to manage their money. We combine established financial expertise with cutting-edge technology to build smart, simple and disruptive fintech solutions- like Octopus Choice and Octopus Cash. Octopus Labs is part of the Octopus Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries we operate in. The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Following on from earlier successes with Octopus Choice and Octopus Cash, we are now developing our new start-up company Octopus Wealth, using tech and modern ways of working to exploit the opportunity that greenfield provides to transform the wealth management industry. We're a team of Financial Service professionals, product managers and developers with backgrounds that span tech companies, financial service titans and the wider start up scene. We are being backed by the Octopus Group which in effect de-risks the start-up significantly, and are based in Farringdon in London.
- Python developer with several years of experience.
- You code because you love to "build stuff".
- You want the "stuff you build" to be used by loads of people.
- You spend your evenings and weekends working on your own side-project(s).
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play.
- You've failed often enough to know you're not perfect (But secretly you know you're pretty darn good).
- One of your side projects (almost) received seed funding.
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
You will be a key part of a small team that will build very high volume FinTech platforms from the ground up.
- Flexible working hours
- Stunning office
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits
- Very diverse/multinational team
We're ideally looking for a candidate who can work from our offices in London, but are willing to consider someone in the commuter belt who would come in to the office 2-3 days per week, and work from home the remainder of the time.
- Send a brief cover letter and a CV.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.