Lead Machine Learning Data Scientist (Director)
- ££ Excellent with substantial bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Millar Associates
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
This top-tier investment bank uses ML techniques to build advanced applications for its trading & risk business across the business lines, transforming their data into business opportunities. Sitting in the front office, you will develop new machine learning methods to discover insights across risk, trading, CRM, & pricing models. ML techniques include neural nets algorithms for time series, NLP & supervised learning. In addition to applying existing models, you will develop new techniques for banking, trading & risk leveraging alternative data and identifying solutions for new areas of predictive leverage.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MSc, PhD in mathematics, statistics, quantitative finance, physics, computer science, or other
- Academic and/or professional experiences in advanced machine learning and data mining strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets
- Hands on experiences applying advanced machine learning methods to techniques
- Experience with natural language processing techniques essential
- Good intuition for conducting empirical financial research and strong analytical, econometrics and quantitative skills.
- Strong programming skills (Python, SQL, Matlab, Java,, C++, and R)
Knowledge of: toolkits such as Torch, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras, Spark, sklearn, Chainer , etc.
- Expertise in linear algebra and calculus, etc.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience
- Effective communicator of research ideas for collaborative team-oriented research
Strong Buy-side experienced also welcomed.