Responsibilities * Strategy*
- The Bank is embarking on a global transition programme to move away from reliance on LIBOR (and other major IBORs) to alternative risk-free rates (RFRs) identified by the relevant public-private sector working groups.
- Support the Bank's contract remediation efforts (including, but not limited to, reviewing client documents and overseeing the preparation of amendment agreements) across all Clients, Products and Regions.
- Assist in identifying and repapering of existing contracts, working in conjunction with Products Legal and/or external legal counsel or vendors.
- Support Country Legal in relation to repapering of existing contracts.
- Ensure all relevant contracts remediated prior to IBOR cessation date.
- Manage the population, maintenance and updating of spreadsheets with legal management information contributed by various Legal teams (Clients, Products, and Regions).
- Assist with review of client documents to identify LIBOR exposures that require remediation
- Assist in liaison with external counsels and country legal colleagues.
People & Talent*
- Help to track, monitor and manage progress of Legal in the IBOR transition programme.
- Track, escalate and handover the management of client dispute resolution, if any, relating to IBORs to the relevant dispute resolution teams.
- No line management responsibility. Support junior lawyers informally, as and when needed.
- Highlight risk issues to PSCs, as required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct *
- Contribute to reporting to governance committees, e.g. NFRCs and PSCs, as required.
Key stakeholders *
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the IBOR Legal team in the UK to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- IBOR Legal. IBOR project. All business lines, as needed.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES AND PROFICIENCY LEVELS*
About Standard Chartered
- Technical Competency Name: Proficiency Levels
- Qualified lawyer Expert
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
Recruitment assessments -
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers