Lead Investment Manager - Real Estate
Who we're looking for
Schroders Capital Real Estate is seeking an Industrial specialist investment manager. The role is for a post qualification Chartered Surveyor with asset management and transactional experience across the UK multi-let industrial and logistics sector. You will be responsible for a portfolio of largely multi-let UK industrial assets and be responsible for industrial real estate transactions across Schroder Real Estate Funds.
About Schroders Capital Real Estate
Our Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders Capital, the private market investment division of Schroders, and constitutes an important focus of the Group's strategy for expansion.
Schroders Capital is one of Europe's largest real estate managers with deep real estate expertise on the ground across real estate sectors. Investment strategies are offered in a broad range of open and closed ended funds, listed REITS, specialist funds, joint ventures, separate accounts and real estate debt.
The Real Estate team is highly experienced in real estate fund management, research, acquisitions, asset management and strategy and is comprised of over 200 people operating from offices across the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and North America.
Our investment philosophy is centred on consistent themes including investing in strong fundamentals, actively managing portfolios and delivering positive environmental and social impact. We adopt a research-driven and market-focused investment approach. Our dedicated Real Estate Research team identifies those sectors, cities and real estate characteristics expected to outperform, ensuring portfolios can benefit from structural change.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. We also have a growing office in Manchester where 7 UK real estate staff are based.
What you'll do
• Be responsible for the industrial sector specialist team across all the UK direct real estate funds for asset management and transactional activities, and identify strategic opportunities with in the industrial sector
• Manage the industrial team, be responsible for the teams outputs and for ensuring the team is responding to the respective fund requirements
• Asset management responsibilities will include overseeing Landlord and Tenant opportunities, such as letting vacant premises, progressing rent reviews and lease renewals, as well as overseeing the management functions
• Take responsibility for initiating, managing and delivering value enhancing, refurbishment and redevelopment initiatives to maximise asset performance
• Provide assistance on real estate transactions and to be able to analyse and perform all due diligence
• Be confident and clear in conveying their recommendations and rationale, and able to report portfolio initiatives to the Schroder Real Estate investment committee
• Be supported by both their line manager, fund manager and the wider teams including the research, finance, legal and management teams
• Be responsible for managing a number of direct line reports
• Be responsible for building strong relationships with external consultants in order to support asset management initiatives
• Support Schroder's "Real Estate with Impact" approach to sustainable investing, that seeks to promote a fair, environmentally and socially conscious low-carbon transition, that also supports social, as well as economic and physical resilience, and ultimately sustainable communities and economies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrable asset management experience in either a leading real estate consultancy team, or client side team
• Innovative and analytical with good attention to detail, and clear in providing recommendations and rationale
• Confident in taking ownership of a portfolio of largely multi-let UK industrial assets, reporting to your line manager and leading industrial transactions - including sourcing, underwriting, analysing and performing all due diligence
• Willing to assess business activities/processes to identify scope for value enhancing opportunities, refurbishments and letting strategies, as well as overseeing the management functions
• Confident in analysing real estate using excel and Argus
• Clearly able to justify and present recommendations both in written form and verbally
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor
• Good industry contacts
• Good knowledge across the UK industrial and logistics markets
What you'll be like
• Professional with a high standard of personal integrity
• Good communicator
• Curious and ambitious
• A team player, with a strong work ethic and commitment to the role, with an ability to perform under pressure
• Capable manager wanting to develop high performing teams
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.