Lead Front End Engineer
Join us as a Lead Front End Engineer
What you'll do
- Mettle are looking for an experienced Lead React Native Software Engineer to work within our Agile feature teams
- You'll be leading the Front End Guild team across our key product feature teams, being the subject matter expert for all front end engineers within the business
- This is an opportunity to achieve excellent exposure in a challenging role and to make a real impact with your work
As a Lead Front End Engineer, you'll recruit and develop talent across the entire team, from budding developers, to accomplished, seasoned developers looking to grow into technology and people leaders. You'll manage a strong, motivated engineering team which understands the importance of continuous testing, shipping and improving with a focus on quality.
You'll be working with stakeholders from all business areas, including Product, Risk, Technology and Design, as well as the Mettle management team, to help drive the direction of development for the Mettle business, putting the long term interests of our customers at the heart of key decisions.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Engaging with the broader bank to help drive technological development across all business areas and making sure that Mettle remains on the front foot in terms of pan-bank engagement
- Working within an Agile feature team, developing and enhancing the Mettle iOS app
- Developing clean, elegant, and very reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend
- Making sure all code meets our coding standards, and taking part in PR's
- Writing tests across the test pyramid and holding code coverage in high regard, and exploring and proposing ways to incrementally improve code quality and performance
- Working collaboratively with the team to resolve technical issues
At Mettle we use a range of technologies across the stack, including GraphQL, Node, React Web, Java, Kafka and Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform. As such, knowledge of these technologies is essential.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Demonstrable delivery of iOS applications to the app store with experience building mobile applications for both iOS and Android
- Experience with Git, including an understanding of branching and merging workflows
- To be comfortable working with REST API's using both synchronous and asynchronous patterns
- Experience with optimising code for performance and quality
- Experience of working in a test driven development like environment
- Experience of working in a business with multiple engineering teams
- Experience of working on a highly secure application
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.