Lead Data Architect - WPFH
About the opportunity Department Description
Fidelity is investing in its Enterprise Architecture team with the purpose to serve the needs of Fidelity by enabling the Business, Technology and Data Strategies to flourish and realise the targeted business opportunities and value. Purpose of your role
The purpose of this role is to lead the data architecture strategy for the Workplace Personal Financial Health (WPFH) global portfolio.
This requires the delivery and ongoing management of a clear articulation of both the current and future state data architecture. By working closely with your Portfolio colleagues, you will develop roadmaps for the data transition stages to achieve the business strategy goals and support the value outcomes, whilst ensuring alignment to the Enterprise data strategy blueprint."
You will be part of the global data architecture team and will work alongside your peers who lead data architecture for the other business portfolio functions (ISS and Corporate Enablers), along with a core group of Enterprise data architects responsible for core data strategies i.e. data lake. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Leads the data architecture function for Workplace Personal Financial Health
- Responsible for understanding the goals and objectives of the business and to align the data architecture to support the business outcomes; taking into account Global WPFH considerations
- Accountable for maintaining current state Business Unit data architecture views
- Accountable for Business Unit portfolio 12-36 month data roadmaps; target state views
- Accountable for driving Business Unit portfolio domain conceptual models
- Communicates data strategy to Portfolio stakeholders; ensuring comprehension and acceptance
- Accountable for developing Business Unit portfolio data roadmaps; including work packages / programmes / initiatives and to seek approved sponsorship from senior stakeholders to achieve target state roadmaps
- Accountable in ensuring data artefacts are maintained, catalogued and accessible i.e. data sources, data models, current and target data state views etc. and integrated into corporate platforms i.e. Troux, Collibra, ERStudio etc.
- Accountable for the data architecture measurement and KPIs that are collated into global scorecards for tracking of data maturity
- Shared accountability for the approvals of solutions focusing on data sign-off via the WPFH Architecture Review Board chaired by the Head of WPFH Architecture
- Accountable for understanding the costs of data solutions within the Portfolio (CTB and RTB) and works closely with the Head of Data Architecture in reporting tracking of such to the Head of WPFH Technology Delivery
- Accountable for periodic communications on the portfolio data architecture; successes; challenges; issues; costs; progress towards Fidelity data strategy
- Supports portfolio solution architects in the design of Business Unit data solutions and ensures alignment to the Fidelity data strategy
- Contribute to the wider Fidelity data architecture strategy and blueprints; led by the Head of Data Architecture
- Contributes and in some cases leads enterprise initiatives when the WPFH Portfolio has a requirement and therefore leads the direction
- Works closely with other data teams within the organisation e.g. Data Value team (MI / Analytics) and AI/ML teams, TIS Data Services and the Data Lake function.
About you About Fidelity International
- Background in data development, data engineering and / or data architecture
- A detailed understanding of data constructs i.e. data modelling, data design, data integration, data reporting and visualisation
- Understanding of data lake architectures and best practices for storing, loading and retrieving; including data migration strategies
- Cloud awareness and experience of the leading cloud providers and services e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- The ability to convey and articulate complex, abstract technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proactive attention and detail towards data planning, roadmaps, transition states
- Experience with and comfortable in working with C-suite leadership
- Strong communication skills with different types and levels of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Effective leadership skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, influencing, bridge-building and political astuteness
- Excellent and resourceful problem-solving skills, adaptable with a willingness to learn
- Proactive and self-organising with a "can-do" approach
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.