Lead Data Architect
- to £120,000 + Bonus + Bens GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Digital Capital Markets Limited
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Investment Bank is looking for a Data Architect to lead architecture and modelling on a big data solution.
This Investment Bank is looking to hire a senior Data Architect. Given regulatory requirements and the subsequent need for increased discipline in handling, managing and distributing data, this bank is embarking on a multi-year data programme and needs an experience Architect to help deliver the solution.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for data architecture design within a big data environment
· Work with System and Enterprise architects to help ensure adoption of standards, practises and tools
· Establish good governance around management of data (definition, discoverability, consumption, distribution)
· Build out data profiling, data quality controls and metrics, data lineage capture and reporting
You should have the following skills and abilities
- Experience of data modelling – understanding of data and information architecture
- Experience of building data solutions such as large warehouses, ODS’s etc.
- Strong understanding of non-functional and physical data implementation
- Ideally big data experience working with Hadoop and Spark
- Good understanding of logical, solution and physical data modelling