Lead Consultant Professional Services
Job Description Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Corporates business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Corporates has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto. Position Title: External Services Consultant - ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting Role Summary:
The Corporates group develops, sells and supports software and services to major corporate and commercial clients with a particular though not exclusive focus on tax and accounting software. The Professional Services group is responsible for the implementation of the ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting software covering all training and support requirements whilst maintaining client relationships, feeding back client requirements into the product development process, supporting pre- and post-sales activity and assisting product development initiatives through its close association with clients. This role is for a Lead Professional Services position working with ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting. Primary Objectives
- Use technical expertise and best practices to ensure successful client implementation of the ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting software
- Deliver training in a classroom/WebEx environment and be the project lead across larger engagements and manage a team of more junior Professional Services consultants.
- Support technical issues escalated by internal Support Desk.
- Project manage larger client implementations by ensuring all time is logged and any budget over-run is flagged in a timely manner
- Contribute to Practice development
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea) Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As part of a project team, lead or assist with the execution of small to large global engagements, from Kick-off to Go Live (including leading On-site Client Training and Workshop). This may involve European travel.
- Support the client's implementation lifecycle
- Ensure successful knowledge transfer via Client training and best practices sharing
- Ensure all training is billed and charged to the appropriate training code in a timely manner
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies: Essential Skills:
- Working with other Professional Services ONESOURCE Statutory Reporting global teams
- As part of a project team, assist with the execution of client engagements in conjunction with and under the guidance of Project Office or a Client Services Manager.
- Assist development teams with product testing as required and contribute to product improvement by assisting in the design, formulation and execution of test strategies and test cases
- Hands-on experience in Information Technology / Finance Systems (e.g. ERP or Software development, implementation, support), either in an internal or external role. IT literate and technology passionate
- Change management
- Programming knowledge or desire to learn (XML, XBRL, SQL, VBA)
- Experience in delivering to the highest standards in a fast-moving environment with conflicting priorities
- Fast learner and self-driven mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. In particular, the ability to see problems objectively (e.g. from client's viewpoint).
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment or on a standalone basis
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel- some UK and European travel may be required as part of the role
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred)
- Accounting knowledge or some Finance relevant qualification/degree is preferred. We will support the successful in candidate in studying for the ATT or equivalent professional qualification, which is strongly encouraged.
- Fluency in any other language apart from English, good spoken/written German skills are considered particularly desirable.
- Strong academic background with at least a 2:1, or equivalent, achieved at University level. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good level of academic competence in mathematics or mathematical-related disciplines.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations