Lead Business Analyst
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data, Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience for the Business Systems Analyst
• Have been part of a team using agile delivery practices (and preferably) have been in an organisation that has implemented a scales agile framework or similar;
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) with experience from inception to delivery;
• Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design, and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows;
• Modelling notation (UML, Structured, BPMN);
• Writing unambiguous, verified requirements/stories to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements);
• Good communications skills (oral and written);
• Good interpersonal and consultative skills;
• Facilitation of workshops to yield defined outcome;
• Analytical thinking and problem solving;
• Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy;
• Organizational skills;
• Knowledge of technology system interfaces, application architecture and data integration; networks, operating systems, commercial-off-the-shelf software, web architecture;
• Data extraction, transformation and loading (ELT) database management systems (DBMS), output (report) design and data queries (SQL)
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm.
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.