Lawyer (Energy Markets)
Join our Legal team, focusing primarily on our Energy businesses within Commodity Markets and Finance.
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to assist with growing our revenue generating businesses across EMEA.
Your deep and specialized knowledge will be instrumental in driving new business opportunities forward and helping to chart the next steps for this critical and successful division.
Our business is very broad, and so there is the opportunity to focus on many areas. The ideal candidate will:
- Be willing to negotiate trading and other ancillary documentation primarily relating to energy markets;
- Have experience of structured transactions within the energy sector, including lending and corporate work; and
- To the extent that you do not have this experience, demonstrate a willingness to learn new areas with the assistance of supportive colleagues within the team.
Additional day to day responsibilities will include:
- advising the business and liaising with various internal departments on matters relating to your responsibilities
- remaining up to date with existing and upcoming regulations which affects the business' transactions
- instructing, liaising with and managing external counsel in a variety of jurisdictions
To be considered for this position, you will have 2 - 4 years PQE and experience at a top tier law firm or financial services firm, ideally with experience of supporting energy trading businesses as their legal counsel.
Experience of structured transactions in energy markets, including project finance / lending and associated activities (e.g. offtake contracts) would be really useful, together with linguistic skills and a basic knowledge of financial services and energy regulation.
If this sounds exciting, please apply now! About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.