Lawyer - Global Offshore Wind Business, Green Investment Group
Join a rapidly growing global offshore wind business as a Lawyer in our Green Investment Group.
Our Green Investment Group's global offshore wind business, is responsible for the successful management and delivery of a pipeline of 15+ GW of offshore wind projects, the origination of new opportunities and partnerships as well as the provision of asset management and advisory services to third party investors. The role is a unique opportunity for a qualified lawyer to move in-house whilst maintaining "hands-on" transactional experience as part of a rapidly growing business focused on offshore wind.
You will provide legal advice and support in relation to all facets of the offshore wind business, reporting directly into the senior lawyer in the business. You will also be involved with coordinating and managing the provision of external legal advice.
Your role scope will be largely focused on:
- assisting in business compliance with external laws and regulations as well as relevant internal policies (e.g. employee relations, health and safety, anti-bribery and corruption)
- advising on the terms of investments in development and construction stage offshore wind assets and joint venture and shareholder agreements
- project and legal due diligence
- assisting with EPC, O&M and procurement contracting and negotiation
- assisting with tender processes for new offshore wind rounds globally
- advising on lease agreements and grid connection requirements
- advice on regulatory and legal developments associated with the business
- assisting in third party asset management and advisory arrangements
- assisting in bringing projects to COD and financial close
- document handling, including input on contract administration, providing and maintaining template documents
- assisting senior counsel in dispute resolution matters.
To be successful in this role, you will have c3-6 years' PQE with experience in the energy and/or infrastructure sector. Experience of offshore wind projects and of working on international transactions would be an advantage.
If you possess a strong sense of commercial acumen, with strong verbal and written communication skills, and want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.