- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
This individual will be part of a team responsible for a broad range of legal and regulatory issues arising from Wellington Management's business in EMEA, with particular focus on the support of the client facing activities.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide legal support for the firm's client facing activities. Specific activities will include oversight of contract negotiations, analysis of marketing and other regulatory regimes in EMEA, analysis and negotiations of trading agreements (including with respect to derivatives) relating to bespoke client requirements (such as those arising under UCITS and AIFM regulations), and managing external counsel.
• 6-10+ years of experience practicing law
• Strong familiarity with the asset management business
• Broad based client support-related experience
• General experience with respect to analysis and negotiating of derivatives agreements and complex structures
• Experience at a national/City law firm or relevant in-house position
• Strong legal and analytical skills
• Good business judgement and strong counselling skills
• Creativity and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to represent the firm with external clients
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a global team environment
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .