Labour Market Economist/ Analyst
Are you an analytical thinker? Do you enjoy deriving powerful insights into what will drive global labour market trends through research and data analysis?
We're looking for a Labour Economist within the Pricing and Purchasing Division to:
- Frame and analyze European labour markets with a focus on regional and occupational wage trends
- Forecast European wages for a global strategic planning and sourcing audience
- Actively participate in forecast model development efforts, including equation estimation and forecast process optimization
- Create quarterly reports with an emphasis on the impact of changing labor market conditions to operational costs
- Respond to clients' research-related questions by providing thought leadership and timely insight
You will be working with the labour group on the Pricing and Purchasing Team primarily located in London, UK and Washington, DC. IHS Markit's Pricing and Purchasing team delivers vital price, cost, and inflation information that helps companies make strategic decisions on sourcing, procurement, and investment, delivering millions of dollars in cost savings. You will be joining the labour group, which is embarking on a new project to pull together a global wage database which will deepen our existing wage analysis by providing clients with critical insights on operational cost differences by location and skill level across the globe. Your expertise
What we offer
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Economics
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Labour market analysis experience highly advantageous
- Strong and adaptable research and analytical skills, including ability to interpret data and research, and write/produce structured, compelling reports
- Statistical / modeling experience, preferably in EViews
- Coordination skills; ability to prioritize own workload and work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities
- Customer-focused background
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Your colleagues
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.