Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Solutions Manager with the experience and desire to shape our LDI solutions and help build out and grow our £64bn LDI business in a robust and scalable manner, whilst maintaining the care, attention and client tailoring we are renowned for.
We are looking for someone who has the desire and ability to help us improve our products, processes and materials, and to work with various Schroders and external teams, so we can give each client even better outcomes. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have over 5,000 people on six continents. We've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focused role. The team
The LDI Solutions team is currently a multi-talented team of 10. We work closely together with our specific LDI portfolio managers (4) and derivative structurers (2). We also collaborate closely with our wider solutions colleagues including those who joined us in early 2022 (LDI team of 10) as part of Schroders' acquisition of River and Mercantile's Solutions Division. This helps us to deliver integrated solutions and push forwards the best way to deliver on our client obligations.
We design and implement liability hedging and related strategies and risk management overlays for clients, using our range of multi-client and bespoke pooled funds, as well as through segregated portfolios. The solutions principally use physical gilts, gilt based derivatives such as repo and total return swaps, and interest rate and inflation swaps. In addition, we integrate these hedging strategies with complementary exposures including other derivative overlays (e.g. equity options, futures and total swaps, currency hedges or synthetic credit exposures) or a range of credit strategies, particularly with respect to the implementation of our growing CDI business. Our clients are mostly UK defined benefit pension schemes, but they interact with us through a variety of governance models including both internal and external fiduciaries; this has been a significant growth area for the business.
We work within the governance structure that best suits our clients, and integrate our portfolio with their other investments, whether they are with Schroders or other asset managers. In many cases, this means leading Schroders' representation of blended solutions that combine many of our capabilities.
We look for ways to standardise and automate our day to day work, so we can give extra care and attention to the things that make a difference. We take pride in creating interesting content that tells our story in a clear, concise and compelling way.
We're open to flexible working so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Help us grow our business through written proposals, due diligence and pitching; develop our message and the ways that we deliver it
- Work closely with our clients and their advisers to understand and capture the outcome they want
- Capture and analyse clients' liabilities, and construct portfolios and solutions that hedge the risks embedded in them
- Coordinate and oversee investments in complementary strategies, working with specialists from teams across Schroders
- Improve our clients' experiences and how we report information to them
- Lead on delivering specific key team initiatives and goals
- Manage and enhance relationships, across various Schroders teams as well as with clients and advisers
- Act as an ambassador for the team and the result of our work internally and externally, in a professional but friendly manner
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience with liability focused asset management solutions
- An interest and understanding of pension schemes, their liabilities and the instruments used to hedge them, including derivatives
- Care and diligence in completing accurate analysis and solution design, and the desire to make the way we do things more robust, scalable and efficient
- Ready to lead prospective and current client engagement, and deliver complex concepts in a clear and concise way, both written and face to face
- Desire to shape how we communicate with clients and to build and manage efficient processes to deliver information
Experience with and understanding of complementary strategies; equity, credit and currency derivatives, credit based solutions including CDI, or other integrated solutions What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A structured thinker who's also able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.