LDI Portfolio Construction Associate
- £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Legal & General Investment Management Holdings
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
This role will be within the Portfolio Construction area of LDI, focussing on supporting Senior member of the team in structuring and management of LDI mandates.
This is a role within the Portfolio Construction area of LDI Funds with a joint focus on Derivative Overlay and LDI mandates.
The role’s focus will be on supporting senior members of the team in the structuring and ongoing management of Derivative Overlay and LDI mandates. The mandates use a range of derivatives across asset classes (equity and rates) together with physical assets to meet our clients’ strategic risk management needs.
The job holder will work on a number of client mandates involving day-to-day monitoring and management of the funds, as well as constructing strategies incorporating client objectives and market opportunities.
The role will also involve further development of product offerings within the LDI Funds team, and proactively looking to implement the required changes and processes. As a result, the role will involve working closely with other Portfolio Construction team members and the Quantitative Modelling & Analytics team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in structuring/managing derivative-based solutions, either in an asset manager, bank or specialised team within a consultancy
- Knowledge of the following instruments and markets:
- Equity derivatives including futures, TRS and options
- Interest rate and inflation derivatives including swaps, swaptions and bond futures
- Government bonds and repos
- Familiarity with the LDI market and recent trends in risk management solutions for pension schemes.
- Familiarity with option pricing models.
- Basic knowledge of the framework for the trading of OTC and exchange-traded derivatives, including collateralisation and margining process, legal documentation and regulatory developments such as EMIR.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, able to take responsibilities and initiatives.