KYC Refresh is a function of the UK Branch and part of the Operations business.
The team also manages client ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) information collection and maintenance throughout the client lifecycle and works very closely with the Onboarding, Implementation and Client Services teams, who implement products and handle day-to-day service enquiries, as well as the Financial Crime team.
The KYC Refresh Officer (KYC) plays a central role in assisting with the management of multiple client portfolios across the EMEA business with a specific focus on KYC, FATCA, CRS and client due diligence. A significant element of the role will be the completion and documentation of structured KYC reviews and ensuring that they meet both external regulatory and internal audit and compliance standards.
• Undertake procedures to meet due diligence (DD) and KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements throughout the client relationship lifecycle, whether trigger event driven or as part of a periodic review activity.
• Act as a senior member of the team, championing SVB values, policies and best practices.
• Work directly with the Relationship Management and Relationship Enablement teams, as well as Financial Crime, to ensure that all existing client relationships undergo the appropriate levels of client identification and verification, due diligence, sanction screening and documentary approvals, as mandated by SVB’s KYC, DD & AML (Anti Money Laundering) procedures.
• Leverages a variety of independent research sources, such as Companies House, D&B, Delecorp and web searches to perform the required KYC screening, and to corroborate and validate information provided by and obtained on the client, as required by the KYC procedures.
• Undertakes the daily review of Tenon Tracker alerts and triage of cases to ensure timely action and ongoing compliance. Communicates with relevant teams and coordinates regular follow ups to complete of action items.
• Lead calls with clients to assist them in form completion, and in case of any questions in relation to required KYC information, such as acceptable ID and/or address verification documentation, by providing KYC, FATCA, CRS and DD process expertise.
• Inputs comprehensive and ordered client information in a timely manner into SVB systems, including CRM, Remedy etc.
• Manages and lead the periodic FATCA and CRS compliance requirements alongside the branch relationship review programme including all follow up and investigation activity.
• Manages complex cases and oversees and supports less experienced team members
• Proactively manage any issues during the process to bring a swift resolution.
• Undertakes quality checks of colleagues cases where required within the Right First Time accuracy parameters
• Provide SME knowledge to projects and implementation teams where required
• Works with the following teams across the business, both domestically and globally: BSA/AML, Risk & Compliance, Financial Crime, QC, Operations, as well as the client relationship teams and Client Service.
• Produce Management Information (MIs)/Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
• Provide support as required to colleagues across the Operations function to meet service delivery objectives
• Develop a good understanding of SVB client base, the Ecosystem in which SVB operates and the SVB UK Branch operating model SVB Confidential
• Demonstrated experience of due diligence in onboarding/KYC refresh of financial services and products.
• Strong understanding of banking systems including CRM, Core Banking, research and workflow tools, and a good knowledge of relevant banking regulations and compliance guidelines.