KDE Stream Lead
Implementation of the Data Management process leveraging the DMO methodology to perform lineage, controls assessment and ultimately identifying and reporting any data quality issues.
• Lead a team of KDE process analysts to successfully deliver against regulatory timelines.
• Support the divisional data governance council(s) ensuring priorities are agreed, progress is monitored and expectations are met
• Ensure deliverables are clearly stated and understood, risks and issues identified and managed and consumer benefit is delivered.
• Management of the SME's responsible for gathering and logging the front to back flow of key data elements (KDEs) and key data controls through the divisions.
• Partner with other divisional stream leads to ensure a consistent engagement approach is adopted across divisions. Collaborate with other areas in Data Management, namely Strategy in terms of technical tooling requirements and modeling, Data Governance in terms of MI reporting and governance sign off and Data Quality in terms of control gaps.
Your team :
The current Data Management Office (DMO) team size is approximately 70 staff and is located primarily in London and Weehawken. It is largely comprised of consultants.
The DMO team is divided into 3 streams; Governance, Strategy and Data Control. Key Data Element (KDE) Onboarding and Lineage sits under Data Control. The KDE Onboarding and lineage team is subsequently divided into divisions; Risk, Finance, Operations, IB, WM&PC, WMA and GAM.
This Director role is responsible for the implementation of the front-to-back Data Management and Governance processes so that UBS meets the data requirements of new regulations such as CCAR and BCBS239
Your experience and skills :
Experience and Skills
• Must have a strong understanding of IB or Operations processes / practices. Understand Risk (market and/or credit risk) and/or Financial Data
• Proven change management experience demonstrated through the successful delivery of large complex global initiatives in a financial services environment
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral. Comfortable with ambiguity and managing to tight deadlines
• Understanding of application data modelling, data governance, and data management
• Successfully forming and developing delivery teams comprising a range of delivery partners
• Self-motivated and passionate achiever who likes to grow and stretch themselves
• Organised and have a structured approach to your work
• A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail