Junior UK Economist - London
Our client is looking for a junior economist to join a top-ranked UK Economics team. You will be working directly with the Chief UK Economist and be expected to provide expert backup knowledge on UK Markets. You will be working with a highly experienced and dedicated team and as a result have excellent exposure and Media coverage. In addition to providing additional coverage on selected countries for the UK product you will also be providing core coverage for a newly established global product. Responsibilities
• You will contribute original research to all U.K. publications after major data releases and policy events.
• You will be expected to contribute to the deepening and broadening of the U.K. economics coverage in response to client demand.
• You will need to build relationships with clients around the world, with contact by phone, email, video conferencing and in-person.
• You will make media appearances on behalf of the company. When discussing economies of countries other than those you cover directly, you will need to be familiar with the views of the firms other economists.
• You will provide cover when the Chief U.K. economist is on holiday or absent for other reasons. This will include responsibility for all publications during that period.
• 1-3 years' experience as an Economist/Economic Analyst with relevant Market coverage (UK coverage is essential).
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• BSC/MSC in Economics or similar
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing firm with an established client base.
Applicants should have citizenship of an EU country or permanent legal permission to live and work in the UK.
Due to Covid restrictions, you may be required to work from home temporarily at the start of your employment.