Junior Trading Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Tyler Capital
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Tyler Capital is a close community of diverse but like-minded people who enjoy solving hard problems and creating amazing things together. We thrive on doing things differently, challenging our competitive industry with novel approaches and first class intelligence. We keep things human here; we are one unified team aiming for greatness, and we hate bureaucracy. We’ve been this way since 2003. We are proud to declare that we are a market leader in our space. Our job is to remain so in the future.
This role as a Junior Trading Analyst offers the opportunity to work on one of the largest human trading books in the STIR futures markets, within a credible and passionate cross-disciplined team. You will manage and own the curve pricing methodology, work to update and automate it using your programming, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as manage the process in a realtime trading environment. Through the development and use of these tools, coupled with an understanding of trading strategies and fundamentals, you will progress to become an integral member of the team, able to add value in the areas of research, prototyping, design, implementation and trading, amongst others.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the human trading environments within the business from 07:00 - 18.00;
- Own the curve pricing methodology, analyse, suggest and implement updates and improvements;
- Automate the curve pricing methodology as far as reasonably possible;
- Manage and maintain accurate curve pricing throughout the trading day;
- Monitor and report on trade flow;
- Understand and work with the exchange implied pricing/fill algorithm, in order to further develop our systems and tools;
- Gain and maintain a deep knowledge/understanding of the team’s portfolio and trading approach as well as the state of the market and wider fundamentals;
- Creation and development of new ideas, in areas such as slippage reduction, risk mitigation, pricing, trading approaches, cross-market strategies and trading systems;
- Cover the trading book from time to time once proficient.
- Ability to work in our team and in our culture where appreciation, togetherness and brilliance is expected;
- Strong, committed character, driven to achieve success;
- Relentless and persistent in the face of very challenging problems;
- Ability to work calmly and communicate clearly, under pressure and within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to have an analytical, data-driven, scientific approach, balanced with the acceptance that this is not the only manner in which to approach market activities;
- A keen sense of risk and value and the ability to balance these under extreme pressure;
- Creative approach to problem solving.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- First class degree (or equivalent) from a leading institution in Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant field;
- Previous experience in Regression and Curve Fitting;
- Experience prototyping, developing and delivering trading related models and tools;
- In-depth understanding of programming paradigms and ability to adapt these to real world problems;
- A good knowledge of the financial markets;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience working with datasets.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience within a financial organisation, preferably in the form of a portfolio/market facing role such as a trader, analyst or algorithmic trading designer/developer;
- Python (including use of NumPy, SciPy and Pandas);
- Knowledge/experience of market microstructure;
- Experience in research and data/correlation analysis.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 26 February 2018.