Junior Trader, Fixed Income (AVP)
- Competitive + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
Columbia Threadneedle Investments maintains a dedicated trading team to manage the purchase and sales of securities for their clients. Dedicated trading integrates trading into the investment process to provide clear value add to our clients through market knowledge and awareness and trade execution. Dedicated trading supports best execution and provides separation of duties. A Junior trader is required to join the EMEA FICC Trading Team to execute trades in Bonds, Exchange Traded and OTC Derivatives, Commodities and FX
- Achieve best execution for portfolio management directed trading activity.
- Aid senior traders across all FI asset classes.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Maintain awareness of market developments, regulations, trading technology and other relevant issues
• 1-2 years’ experience trading fixed income, preferably for a buy-side firm. • Strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg. • Self-motivated team player with solid verbal and written communication skills. • Comfortable interacting with and taking direction from senior investment professionals. • Able to perform in a high stress environment and meet deadlines under time constraints. • Rigorous attention to detail.
• Middle/Back-office experience • Knowledge of Aladdin OMS • Knowledge of electronic trading platforms e.g. Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess