Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, outgoing and ambitious person motivated by a career in Sales to join our growing EMEA sales team within our highly successful global FinTech company.
A global leader in Big Data analytics and Fintech, ActiveViam is a software company with offices in London, Paris, New York and Singapore.
Our mission is to deliver data analytics solutions that empower businesses to improve their future. Practically, this means allowing business users to make faster and better decisions. We do this by combining our unique technology expertise and business knowledge to deliver fast, sophisticated analytics solutions and insight levels beyond customer expectations.
We empower businesses via our Atoti+ product suite, providing clients with cutting-edge technology that allows them to respond to real-time data analytics needs, serving operational decision-making. Our clients are amongst the foremost financial institutions, including global investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, CCPs, and exchange houses.
We seek a Sales Executive to deliver a flurry of activity for financial services prospects and ultimately generate opportunities and new clients for ActiveViam. You will be responsible for implementing the lead generation and prospecting process for our EMEA FinTech Sales team, with the goal of expanding the usage of our solutions and tools at Financial Institutions across UK & Ireland. You will execute a wide range of prospecting activities, including lead generation and sales/marketing campaigns, as well as being a key part of our “new business strategy” and, as your career progresses, advancing in the sales cycle with prospects and ultimately closing your own deals and bringing new clients to the firm.
The role requires strong interpersonal, networking and ‘hunter’ sales skills. The ability to handle multiple initiatives and leads in a fast-paced environment is essential. Knowledge of the financial services industry and regulatory landscape is preferred. Additionally, experience with a CRM database and marketing campaign automation tools is desirable.
1. Research and Market Knowledge
- Conduct market research to maintain awareness of current EMEA capital markets (including clients and competitors)
- Propose and implement creative ideas to approach new business (new leads, new clients, new markets)
- Research and identify potential clients and markets, as well as identifying key decision makers at those institutions
- Review financial press daily, and staying abreast with FinTech developments
- Grow your FinTech knowledge and maintain an in-depth understanding of our platforms, and a sound understanding of the financial services & regulatory landscape
2. Sales generation activities
- Seek and contact prospective clients to uncover new leads, opportunities and ultimately source new business across UK and Ireland financial institutions for the UK New Business sales team
- Keep accurate records and notes within the team and in the company's CRM database
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of contacts and leads to convert into sales opportunities
- Work with the Sales Manager(s)/team head to advance these opportunities and close new deals o Depending on career progression, attend face-to-face meetings (with possible travel) where applicable and ultimately give prospect presentations
- Highly educated and preferably a FinTech background and/or commercial track record [B2B]
- Some experience in a commercial role within the financial technology industry (other relevant experience will be considered for motivated, high performers)
- Motivated, competitive and driven but must also be a team player
- A results-driven work ethic focused on proactive outbound activities, and following up leads to progress through the sales cycle
- Comfortable with Lead Generation and new business prospecting
- Positive and proactive can-do approach, initiative and tenacity
- Keen to make a positive difference to the company’s sales growth
- Able and willing to learn and progress
- Ability to network and engage with new prospects
- Tenacious approach and prospecting skills
- Strong, polished and confident communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal – telephone, email and subsequently face-to-face)
- Ability to articulate a complex value proposition credibly to a variety of prospective clients in financial institutions, including at C-level
- Experience in managing complex lead generation and sales campaigns
- Knowledge of financial services strongly preferred, though not essential
- Ability to engage in commercial activities across UK and Ireland
What we offer
- Bright, genuinely sociable and friendly working environment in London’s West End
- Regular social events, lunches, annual winter seminar (skiing) in French Alps
- Private health insurance, group pension scheme, life insurance, Hybrid WFH policy, cycle to work scheme
- Competitive salary and commission
- Career development opportunities (horizontally and laterally) progressing for example from prospecting through to the full sales cycle, owning your own new business deals and becoming a (Senior) Sales Executive
- Support by product, sales and business development teams
We have big goals. If you are a tech-savvy, proactive, commercially-minded thinker, you will feel valued within our enthusiastic team and growing business structure where you can explore and develop your technical and business skills.