Junior Quantitative Software Developer
- Graduate Level + Competitive Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- H2O AM LLP
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A software development focused Quantitative Development role, this opportunity would be ideal for someone looking to partner with Investment and Middle-Office teams to deliver bespoke performance-enhancing applications.
At H2O, the Quantitative Development and Analysis Team are responsible for developing and maintaining besp0ke in-house software to improve the performance and efficiency of our internal teams.
Reporting to a senior member of the Quantitative Development and Analysis team, this role offers a great opportunity to take ownership of a range of projects and develop skills across the life cycle of each software product; from concept, to creation, to ongoing support and refinement. Working closely with the end users throughout each project, you will be also able to experience first hand the impact of your work.
A truly commercial opportunity, this role will involve some research and investigation into market news, data sources, and commentary on the financial services and commodities sector. This is to both give further market-insight to our Front Office teams, and allow the broader Quantitative Development and Analysis Team to deliver solutions which truly enhance the capabilities of our business.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of H2O data management systems, database workflow, and data types and sources.
- Project management of multiple projects, taking responsibility for successful delivery end-to-end.
- Business analysis; continuously working with a variety of end user groups to identify requirements for both new applications, and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Identifying appropriate data sources, implementation and maintenance requirements, and validating database design with the wider team.
- Working alongside the wider team to develop and deliver an appropriate solution.
- Carrying out regular application maintenance, e.g. reviewing and updating application data feeds.
- Carrying out both routine and ad-hoc market analysis/reporting e.g. Intra-day price pattern reporting.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve performance and efficiency and manage risk, both within the team and across the wider business.
Interested? If you have some of the below attributes and experience we’d love to hear from you!
- Masters level qualification in Software Engineering, Maths, Economics or similar.
- Experience of software development in C#, SQL or WPF.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Experience in object oriented programming.
- Experience of statistical analysis.
- Experience of automated testing and UI design desirable.
- Interest in Financial Services, Economics or similar.
- Flexible working style, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously improve.