Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are a fast-growing team of highly-motivated individuals, supporting clients with financial risk management through the development of FIS’ risk calculation engine. Our leading industry-recognised analytics software provides a framework for distributing complex monte carlo risk calculations thus allowing banks to reach stringent business regulatory and timing requirements.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of FIS’ financial risk calculation engine. You will work on interesting and complex development tasks with an emphasis on financial modelling, while collaborating with experienced developers and quantitative analysts. You should be passionate about good software engineering practice as well as having a strong maths background.
• Be involved in the whole product life cycle from defining functional requirements with clients through to development, testing and final documentation and release
• Write code and complete programming tasks on the unique mathematical models developed, with accuracy and consideration of system performance within an agile framework
• Perform large-scale system testing and develop regression tests for newly coded models and algorithms
• Provide support in the maintenance of released software through analysis of issues, bug fixes and direct client support where required
• Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
What you bring:
• Experience in software development (C# or similar)
• Strong mathematical skills normally evidenced by bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in a mathematical, scientific or computer science subject, or commensurate experience
• Analytical thinker with a great ability to problem solve
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working both autonomously and in a team, while delivering timely results
• Demonstrable interest in finance and risk management
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience of end-to-end systems development life cycle and Agile methods
• Evidence of modelling techniques in previous employment and/or research experience.
• Experience in financial services industry and knowledge of financial instruments
What we offer you
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• A supportive work environment with a dedicated and motivated team
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset and financial knowledge
• The chance to work on one of the most successful financial risk products in the industry
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.