Junior Project Manager - Cross Functional
The Sr Project Manager contributes to the management of a project portfolio of a specific division or strategic initiative. This role contributes in the management of the project portfolio of one or more business units by collaborating with Executive leadership and Corporate Portfolio Management (CPM) to manage priorities and business case development.
- Partners with project stakeholders to identify and clarify gaps in scope and requirements. Moreover, works with cross-functional teams and ensures that projects are appropriately staffed and that deliverables are well defined and achieved with quality.
- Supports other team members in sharing best practices, lessons learned and identifies areas to improve processes which leads to more efficient execution.
- Contributes in the management the project portfolio of one more business units by collaborate with Executive leadership and CPM to manage priorities and business case development.
- Contributes to the development of business cases with portfolio management and corporate development specific to project delivery (key deliverables and milestones), and identifies the necessary contributors to achieve a targeted business outcome.
- With increasing complexity, leads the delivery of individual projects and/or programs that span organizational boundaries. This includes aligning deliverables and operationalize change across multiple teams from one or more divisions to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Regularly communicates based on target audience relevant status on project(s) which represent a holistic, cross-functional view on progress to achieve business results with manager/mentor support.
- Ensure that criteria for each project within the program are met.
- Identifies, documents and communicates decisions, open items, risks and issues to P&E Leadership. Provides transparency to all stakeholders and leverages team(s) and drives to communicate decisions, resolves open items, mitigates risks and resolves issues.
- Works with stakeholders to manage change requests, including re-evaluation of project forecasts. Analyzes and reports on variances, and leads corrective actions as necessary.
- Develops and monitors charter(s), stakeholder governance, project plans and manages dependencies of related projects.
- Collaborates with other project/execution/delivery/portfolio managers by maintaining an active dialogue/awareness on relevant shared dependencies and business outcomes.
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge, and thinks and talks in global terms. Understands the position of the organization within a global context and knows the impact of global trends on the organization. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function and anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics and knows who has power, respect and influence.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Project management and/or relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency with project management software tools used by the enterprise and MS Office Suite products.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.