Junior Project Manager
We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We've built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life. We also offer groundbreaking B2B banking and payments services.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 1 millions accounts in total: including 88,000 business accounts for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Our total deposits, meanwhile, have surpassed £1 billion over the same period.
We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award two years running, and now employ more than 800 people across our London & Southampton offices, with more to come from Cardiff.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we're told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time. In this role you can expect to be involved in:
- Overall management and co-ordination of a number of projects across different areas of the business.
- Developing collaborative relationships with Starling product teams and acting as a main point of contact between vendors and the business.
- Working closely with development teams to define requirements and complete the necessary testing.
- Working collaboratively with Operations teams to define processes and Marketing for external comms.
- Supporting testing and internal comms for other projects as required.
- Working with managers across the business to support the tender selection process for new software suppliers.
Ideally you will have:
- 1-2 years of experience typically in a top consulting firm, bank or digital organisation.
- Experience in project management or business analyst role.
- Able to take initiative and deal with ambiguity.
- A 'hands on' attitude to project delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills.
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of agile methodology and principles.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector or digital projects / delivery.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us.
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year.
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Friday breakfast.
- Our kitchens are stocked with fresh fruit and a range of hot and soft drinks.
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership.
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gym membership options
Full details are available on our careers site.