Junior Portfolio Risk Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong and Stockholm.
The role is within a small investment risk team covering products across all asset classes. This role will have a focus on risk reporting and report development. Other aspects of the role will include involvement in internal projects around regulatory reporting and process streamlining. The successful candidate will also be expected to interact with the front office over time.
- Responsible for daily Aladdin / Factset reporting process, including data amendments and report production.
- Assist with monthly front office reporting cycle and be able to highlight pertinent information.
- Ongoing involvement with key Investment Risk projects, being proactive and ensuring projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Interaction with the Technology department to develop reporting and identify automation possibilities.
- Assist with ad-hoc Fund Manager queries and to build strong relationships with Fund Managers over time.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of manager and fund styles.
- Be able to articulate complex subjects in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ongoing professional development in relevant topics expected.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory directives.
- Proven experience in a similar role within asset management is desirable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of Excel / Access VBA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerate with analytical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Excellent team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines.
- A proactive approach to work.
- Knowledge of Factset / Blackrock Aladdin or similar risk engine advantageous.
- An interest in understand the mechanics of all asset classes utilised by Jupiter.
- Educated to degree standard, preferably in Quantitative Finance.
- CFA / FRM qualification desirable.