Junior Portfolio Analyst, Structured Credit Institutional Asset Manager, London, UK
Our client is a leading institutional asset manager who is looking to expand their footprint in Europe with expertise in structured credit, asset-backed securities, and loans. They are a close-knit team managing a diverse book of investments across sectors covering the developed and emerging markets. Their AUM totals approximately $10bn and their strategy is to deploy a relative value approach to structured credit and loan products with a promising risk-return profile.
Now with ambitions of growing the business, the team are looking for an Analyst who has an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic approach, an individual who has a good understanding of the various products the team invests in and who understands how to structure, price and workout these investments. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of European CUSIP, whole loan and structured lending portfolios for the investment desk and the investment committee
- Organizing, sourcing, and monitoring investment data and actively reporting on the portfolio, as well as coordinating the workload with the offshore team based in the US
- Contribute to client and management reports, along with asset management and servicing calls.
- Investment data planning with internal stakeholders and monitoring and reporting of investment research
- Identifying news publications which are relevant to the business's portfolio and strategies.
- Providing support to the investment team and on transaction execution in Europe
- A strong technical, analytical, and quantitative background, specifically with knowledge of Python
- A self-starter who has a strong interest in capital and financial markets
- An ability to be able to perform under pressure in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Impressive interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- A team player with demonstrable leadership capabilities
- Flexibility to be able to participate in a 2-month training programme in New York where the company is headquartered (within the first 6 months)
- A minimum of 12 months experience at a reputable sell or buy side institution
- Experience in Structured Lending, ABS, whole loan and CRE experience
- Technical experience: SQL, VBA, QLIK, Intex experience