Junior Payments Operations Analyst
Payments Operations Analyst
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So , we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
- Processing daily payments in our bespoke systems, both inbound and outbound (e.g. direct debits, bank transfers, internal money movement)
- Identifying non-standard payments and account behaviour and finding short/long term solutions
- Understanding end-to-end flow of money through Funding Circle and the appropriate action for each type of payment (contacting the relevant team, flagging risk and putting the right controls in place)
- Conducting daily checks on processes and performing authorisation of all transactions for virtual and real world money
- Working closely with AML and Fraud teams to ensure client funds are protected
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies focusing on FCA and CASS compliance
- Liaising with the Fin-Ops and Collections teams
- Answering internal and external queries regarding payments
It would be great if you have :
- Previous administration experience - either in insurance, financial services operations or other high volume administrative roles may suit!
- Experience in payment processing and with client money responsibility is ideal, but not essential
- You are committed to providing a great customer experience through process driven approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high lev el of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- You enjoy connecting with people and demonstrate interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Advanced Excel skills
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad . A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.