Junior Management Reporting Analyst
Main purpose of the role:
The Management Reporting department analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information to enable senior management and the front office to evaluate, control and plan the most appropriate use of its resources. The department is responsible for reporting all group business units across Europe, US and Asia/Pacific.
In terms of primary functions, Management Reporting is responsible for:
1. Cost centre / divisional / geographical profit and loss and key performance indicator reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
2. Expense forecasting and breakeven analysis
3. Monthly front office / broker analysis (revenue and cost)
4. Daily financial performance reporting
5. Actual v budget analysis
6. Daily revenue flash reporting
7. Ad-hoc work as required by the front office desk heads and senior management
• Preparation of daily financial performance report (CDMR).
• Monthly actual to budget variance analysis, between CDMR and GL, understanding why any differences have occurred
• Preparation and distribution of daily management information, reviewing and making process improvements where necessary
• Monthly expense analytics in a management reporting view, fully understanding cost drivers and reasons for variances
• Assisting in the preparation of Management Information for front office senior managers. Ensuring accuracy and making process improvements where necessary.
• A large amount of the work is ad-hoc dealing with queries and requests from front office and senior management, which this role will be involved in
Skills / experience required:
Part-qualified ACCA, ICEAW or CIMA.
Experience in Financial Services or similar
Strong MS Excel skills and good all-round IT abilities.
Excellent personal presentation.
Confident in operating in a competitive work environment and the ability to handle challenging situations sensitively.
A high level of numeric and oral communication skills. The ability to explain financial information to non-financial customers, as well as strong organisational skills.
Commitment to tasks assigned and a keen eye-for-detail.
• Commercially minded and enjoys working in a fast paced and changing environment.
To all recruitment agencies - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details