You will be joining the Quantitative Fixed Income Engineering team, a part of the firms' Strats group. They build applications that deliver quantitatively led pricing and trading solutions for the Rates and Credit business. The team develops software using modern development practices to create high quality systems that can be iterated on rapidly and safely.
- Designing and implementing automated tests for algorithmic trading applications that satisfy all functional and control requirements.
- Designing and implementing processes which enable complete automation of both test execution and evidence collection.
- Continuing the development, enhancement and support of testing standards for electronic trading systems and trading algorithm strategies.
- Providing well-designed, robust and reusable algorithmic components to facilitate agile prototyping, testing and back-testing of algorithmic trading strategies.
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of features as part of a cross functional engineering squad.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in delivering systems that operate in a front office environment.
- Experience of building test automation in an algo trading environment is highly desirable.
- Proven engineering capability, Java experience is preferred along with an ability to use scripting languages where appropriate.
- Understanding of modern test automation approaches (Test Driven Development, Behaviour -Driven Development etc) and how they fit into a continuous delivery model.
- Familiarity with KDB time series database is a bonus.
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience (a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Physics would be beneficial).