Junior Investor, UK Seed Fund, London/Sheffield, UK
We are working with an early stage venture capital fund, who typically invest alongside syndicates of the UK's highest-calibre angel investors. With plenty of capital ready to deploy and a flexible mandate, the fund invests in high-potential early stage businesses across multiple verticals. Based in London and Sheffield, they are seeking a top-class Junior Investor with a demonstrable interest in Venture Capital.
They will typically make first-round minority investments in the region of £100k-£1m, but will work closely with portfolio companies to support and scale them through multiple rounds of follow-on funding. Through this method of active partnership and co-investment, the fund has successfully created a stellar portfolio of over 80 companies, and since inception has invested over £40m, alongside more than £200m from select business angels. Tech and life sciences are a particular focus. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play a key role in the screening, evaluation, and execution of transactions
- Meet founders and senior management teams of startups to maintain a healthy pipeline of potential investment targets
- Perform due diligence as required to build stringent investment hypotheses for the fund and its co-investors
- Strong academic track record, with a degree in sciences, tech, engineering or maths etc.
- Relevant experience demonstrating and entrepreneurial attitude
- Demonstrable passion for early-stage investing and keen to learn and explore new technologies