Junior Fund Accountant
- Competitive GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investment Management Partners
- 10 Sep 18 2018-09-10
Our client a leading Hedge Fund, is hiring a junior fund accountant, based in Mayfair, London.
The position is ideal for a part-qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA fund accounting looking to complete their qualification with a top firm. The firm will fully support study and examinations.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity for personal growth and development for an enthusiastic and motivated individual. Responsibilities of the role will be those of a junior fund accountant with the opportunity for progression to the right candidate once knowledge, qualifications and experience has been attained.
The primary objective of this role is the production and validation of financial information to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis. The role involves a broad range of activities with competing time pressures, so the successful candidate will have the ability and desire to take full ownership of a number of activities that are integral to the Fund Accounting function. The pace is fast and the team is a dynamic and diverse combination of individuals.
Examples of specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Validating official fund NAV’s - daily and monthly
- Tracking receipt of invoices, obtaining relevant approval and ensuring swift payment
- Ownership of the accrual process, communicating changes to the fund administrator and liaising with departments internally to ensure all accruals are up to date
- Reviewing subscription and redemption contract notes. Interacting with the Investor Relations teams, both internal and fund administrator’s, to ensure accurate capital flows are communicated for trading
- Producing weekly NAV estimates for the funds
- Supporting the other members of the team
Once knowledge, qualifications or experience has been attained, responsibilities may additionally include:
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and other management reports for the funds
- Producing quarterly data for regulatory reporting, tax reporting and analysis, board reports
- Improving processes and workflows
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of, and be responsible for, a range of deliverables
- Intelligent and motivated self-starter with strong time management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a time pressured environment
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise/reprioritise tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player is essential
- Ability to think logically and independently in order to add value
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years prior industry experience, preferably in a fund accounting or similar role at a hedge fund or fund administrator
- Strong academic record
- Advanced Excel, including knowledge of sumifs, vlookups, pivot tables
- Nice to haves:
- Part qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Database/VBA/SQL experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.