Junior Fixed Income Trader
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 14 Apr 19
Columbia Threadneedle Investments welcomes an inclusive employee population and work environment, and actively promotes diversity. One of our k
Columbia Threadneedle Investments welcomes an inclusive employee population and work environment, and actively promotes diversity. One of our key employee forums is the Diversity and Inclusion Group, which brings together colleagues from across the company to champion best practice, and provide guidance and feedback around diversity issues relating to the attraction, development and retention of talent.
A fantastic opportunity has opened for a Junior Trader to join the EMEA FICC Trading Team! You will be working alongside a dedicated and experienced team and gain a full understanding of the entire range of fixed income products, with great development opportunities to become a product specialist. Our dedicated trading team carry out the purchase and sales of securities for their clients, integrating trading into the investment process to provide clear value-add.
- Executing the purchase and sale of fixed income securities, associated derivatives and FX, as authorized by portfolio managers and/or Heads of Trading.
- Achieving best execution for portfolio management directed trading activity.
- Assisting senior traders across all FI asset classes.
- Cultivating relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Maintaining awareness of market developments, regulations, trading technology and other relevant issues
- You will need to have a strong interest in financial markets to be successful in this role and minimum of 1 year fixed income trading experience, preferably from a buy-side firm. You’ll be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg with exceptional attention to detail. We’re looking for a motivated team player, with fantastic communication skills who is comfortable taking direction from senior investment professionals. The environment is stressful, and deadlines are strict, so your organisation skills and resolve will be key to your success!
- Knowledge of Aladdin OMS
- Knowledge of trading platforms, such as Tradeweb or MarketAxess
- Knowledge of Python or coding equivalent
- A PMA or FMA background
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.
- Self-motivated team player with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with and taking direction from senior investment professionals.
- Able to perform in a high-stress environment and meet deadlines under time constraints.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Middle/Back-office experience
- Knowledge of Aladdin OMS
- Knowledge of electronic trading platforms e.g. Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
- Knowledge of Python