Junior Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary on offer.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Oct 18
Oasis Crescent Advisory Services (UK) Limited is looking for Junior Financial Advisors to be based in its London Knightsbridge office. The core function of the position is to provide sound financial advice and meet agreed targets and deadlines. The Junior Financial Advisor will work under supervision until he attains the competent advisory status.
Oasis Crescent Advisory Services (UK) Limited is a fee-based investment advisory firm specializing in wealth management. Oasis Crescent Advisory Services (UK) Limited is a regulated entity and the regulated activity which is investment advice. The Firm Reference Number is 572395.
Our mission is to provide investment advisory services of unrivalled quality to satisfy our clients’ needs.
We offer advice on the range of products that are managed by Oasis Global Management Company (Ireland) Limited. We take pride in providing tailored written investment plans to help our customers make the best decision regarding their investments as per their individual needs and preference.
Further information about Oasis Crescent Advisory Services (UK) Limited can be attained via our website: www.oasiscrescent.co.uk
Reporting Structure: Financial Advisor / Wealth Manager
Essential Qualification Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Investment, Business Administration
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Investment, Business Administration
- Diploma in Financial Planning or studying toward completing the required financial planning course to be RDR compliant from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
- Should have an understanding of the concepts of Shari’ah Investment and Shari’ah compliant wealth management principles.
- Should have an understanding of Shari’ah Compliant Investments; Investment process and philosophy.
- Should have an understanding of Shari’ah Compliant instruments for all asset classes in line with AAOIFI especially Long term and short term income products inter alia Murabaha, Sukuk and Mudaraba and Wa’ad; understanding of the funds mandate.
- Having a Shari’ah Investment experience from a global leading Islamic Wealth Management Group would be an added advantage.
- Connectivity to communities in the UK- though not a pre requisite, will be preferred.
- Must be able to generate own Sales leads and be willing to explore, identify and pursue new clients.
- Good general computer literacy.
- Being able to communicate in Urdu and Punjabi in interacting with some niche markets.
Essential Job Requirements:
The candidate will be required to work independently and with colleagues to:
- Promote the Oasis brand of collective investment schemes within the UK as a savings vehicle of choice either directly or via a retirement savings option, ISA and/ or SIPP.
- Travel to various parts of the UK to meet with retail and institutional clients.
- Apply full advisory role to retail clients including a full needs analysis and financial planning.
- Ensure that sales targets agreed are met.
- Competence at all stages of the financial advisory process and operating at all times within the framework of the law.
- Employee will be required to generate his own leads effectively with potential clients to ensure he / she meets the agreed targets and deadlines.
- To ensure all associated administration is completed in an effective manner to meet the group's compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Candidate must develop own business strategy to secure long term investors.
Personal attributes are an important factor for the position and must be given adequate consideration when assessing candidates for the role.
The ideal candidate for the position should be a presentable individual with a pleasant personality who has excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/ She should be able to interact, deal and manage people from a variety of backgrounds and hence create a network of contacts across various disciplines, backgrounds and associations to generate sales.
He/ She must be comfortable in working and mixing with people from all levels of society.
Candidates who have a background of retail entrepreneurship and have been exposed to interactions with customers and communities as part of their upbringing can be an advantage. This would have exposed the individuals to understand the importance of generating sales lead and effectively closing them.
The candidate should be looked up to as a helpful and knowledgeable professional by internal as well as external stakeholders and must have the ability to influence and persuade people to ensure that business objectives are met.
A strong willed individual who has the drive and the enthusiasm to go beyond their comfort zones to explore unchartered territories to generate sales. He/ she should be able to challenge the status quo in order to achieve a dynamic, results oriented culture.
He/ She must be self motivated individual who demonstrates energy in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time addressing a wide variety of tasks. The incumbent should hence be prepared to meet opposition and resistance and ensure that deadlines are met.
The Job Profile implies that the role requires a person who has drive, assertiveness and the ability to communicate with others in a logical manner.
The person should be a self-starter, competitive, imaginative, enthusiastic, self-confident, inspiring, logical, systematic and precise. He/ she must at all times ensure that compliance to the regulatory guidelines is adhered to at all times.
Competitive salary on offer.
Recruitment / Short listing process:
- Candidates are required to send their resume at the following email address: email@example.com .
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to send copy of his/ her passport document, academic transcripts and credentials.