Junior FO Rapid Applications Developer
Job description : Full time position within Lunalogic UK Ltd, based in London.
As a junior Front Office Rapid Application Developer you will work on high value-added missions within the IT Department of our clients to provide flexible, scalable and tailored software applications to our client Business users: Front Office (trading, sales and structuring), Control and Support teams where necessary (MO, Risk, Product Control, BO). The role is hands on and the candidate will develop and manage some of the projects from A to Z.
The developments must be performed following the client's standards methodologies and best practices. Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- Collection and anticipation of user needs
- Analysis of these needs and definition of the required specifications.
- Multiple solutions proposal: where applicable, provide the sponsors with studies comparing the different options and solutions to facilitate strategic decision making.
- Implementation and delivery of retained solutions.
- Users support and training.
- Developed applications maintenance and support.
- Keep user and technical documentations up to date at all points.
- Bug tracking, continuous software evolutio
- To make recommendations regarding architecture, technologies and IT solutions
- Analysis, problem solving and escalation
- As part of the global proximity development team, transpose and follow its software development standard, methodologies and procedures
- To cooperate with Quants, Business Analysts, other development teams and other relevant teams
- To use of best practices (Test Driven Development, Continuous build process,
Agile developments, ...)
- To carry out training and skills assessments at regular intervals
- To follow the branch compliance rules
Implement tools according to the business needs:
- Provide users with tools allowing fast and customised exchanging and computing of data- Interacting with different teams providing data (Sophis, cubes, marketdata...) or tools (quants RE. library).
- Suggest and run "Proof of Concept" projects where feasible and relevant, to explore the potential of innovative solutions.
- Propose new projects to the business, covering especially:
- Innovative solutions
- New businesses, activities and products
- Opportunities for efficiency improvements
- Operational risk reduction
Job based in London available immediately. Attractive remuneration regarding experience and profile.
- A university degree (or MSc) in a IT Programming/ finance field
- Experience in a Trading Tools Support environment
- Familiar with Financial Markets Traded Products
- Previous experience (between 1-2 years) in IT Trading Tools and Commodities / Fixed
Income Business Lines is essential
- Strong IT and analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Good command of English language, both oral and written
- Pro-active approach and be able to plan, organize and work independently. Project
management skills are required
- Be a good team player, able to contribute in a multi-cultural team
- Proactive, results-driven, and delivery focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical skills requested:
- Very Good knowledge of Java is essential
- Data Base SQL Server - Oracle
- Visual Studio (Microsoft)