Junior Equity Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- VSA Capital Limited
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
VSA Capital is a full service investment bank providing corporate finance and corporate broking services internationally. VSA has a Research, Sales and Corporate Finance capability. Services include M&A advisory, equity capital markets (ECM), alternative financing and corporate broking. Additional services are offered including Fixed Income and Mining Fund Management. Historically, VSA’s strength has been in the natural resources sector and we are now broadening into other sectors. VSA has offices in London and Shanghai, the latter opened in early 2017, with a focus on linking companies and investors in Greater China with acquisition and funding opportunities in the West.
The Corporate Broking team is seeking to recruit a junior salesperson to join its growing team in London due to increased deal flow and business activity.
- Understanding client business models and communicating investment ideas to investors.
- Maintaining an awareness of current investment trends.
- Supporting the senior sales team in building investor roadshows for corporate clients.
- Attending meetings and calls with current and potential clients in support of senior sales team.
- Obtaining investor feedback in relation to corporate clients.
- Identifying new potential investors.
- Building and maintaining relationships with investors and corporate clients.
- Assisting with team administration tasks.
The successful candidates will have regular interaction with the Shanghai office and have plenty of opportunities for face-to-face interaction with clients and investors.
The successful candidates will likely:
- Have 1 or more years of experience at an investment bank/ boutique advisory firm; or
- Have 1 or more years of experience in a relevant financial services role.
- Be able to demonstrate a level of capability and enthusiasm necessary to develop a career.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Strong academic results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Understanding of VSA’s business model and transaction credentials; and
- Keen interest in financial markets and investing.
In order to perform the role the individual will be required to dedicate time outside of standard business hours on a project and possibly undertake occasional travel as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
In return, the successful candidates will expect to receive:
- Competitive base salary for a boutique firm and commensurate with experience.
- Discretionary bonuses based upon both individual performance and VSA’s operating profit.
- Formal training programmes available.
- Ongoing mentoring from senior corporate financiers; and
- Comprehensive benefits package including private health care, life insurance, contributory pension and holiday.