Situated on the trading floor within the Research department, the key priority for this role is to contribute to the group’s stock coverage responsibilities by providing analysis on technology stocks. This role will also support the Technology Research Analysts in the creation of objective, timely and relevant research to facilitate our clients making profitable decisions.
- To support the Technology Research Analysts in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture and support the interface with the Advisory, Broking and Sales departments.
- Creating financial modelling charts and updating them regularly.
- Maintaining models, industry databases and summary valuation data.
- Researching and analysing securities data.
- Simplifying dense and complex financial data and generating reports.
- Compiling financial statement analysis.
- Preparing key issues to be understood from and questions to be asked of management teams, and evaluation of responses.
- Supporting the Senior Analyst in preparing sector thematic analysis on various topics.
- Conceiving, writing and maintaining the investment case for a specific company. Ensuring that all relevant factors are considered, commercial, reputational, individual and financial.
- Monitoring newsflow and corporate updates as appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Strong interest in finance and the Technology sector.
- 1-2 years of related business experience including business modelling and financial statement analysis.
- Strong valuation and financial modelling skills required.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Highly organised and reliable, self-starter, motivated and ambitious.
- Team player capable of fitting in with the culture.