We are seeking a Junior Analyst with at least 2 years’ work experience to join our highly rated Equity Research team. This role will involve drafting research commentaries, detailed reports and modelling company financials in a variety of different sectors. The role is likely to develop into providing coverage of a single sector and client contact.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and driven individual to progress to writing their own research with guidance and mentoring from senior analysts. A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA or CFA preferred) is highly desirable and you must demonstrate a passion to be an analyst.
Reporting to: Senior Analyst
- Support senior analysts, assisting with preparation of Equity Research notes
- Financial modelling and data collection
- Contributing to responses to client requests
- Meeting with management teams of companies under coverage
- Interacting with the Equity Sales desk on key ideas and sector themes
- Internal: across Sales, Trading, Research and Investment Banking
- External: Investors and management teams
- Full-time, permanent contract (following 3 month probation)
- 45 hours per week (7am – 5pm)
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonuses
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one with each full year of service, up to 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, life and critical illness insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
Skills, Attributes and Credentials
- Clear understanding of the role and interest in Equities
- Fully competent with Office Suite (advanced Excel)
- Financial modelling knowledge
- Up to 3 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Flexible approach to tasks and workload
- Well organised, detail oriented and strong communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Enthusiastic and energetic
ACA or CFA qualified
Liberum Capital Limited is a UK based independent investment bank with an “all cap” focus. Liberum is based in London and also has a wholly owned US subsidiary which provides access to the European markets for institutional investors based in North America. The principal activity of the Group is the provision of institutional and corporate stock broking services, focused on cash equities and investment banking.
The core activities are:
- Research, Sales and Execution - in large and mid-cap European equities, small cap UK equities and closed end investment funds listed on the London Stock Exchange or Euronext or traded on AIM. It also provides sales, trading and execution services in convertible bonds.
- Market Making – in small and mid-cap UK equities and closed end investment funds.
- Investment Banking – provides corporate finance, corporate broking and advisory services to public and private companies and closed end investment funds.
Liberum started trading in 2007 and has had 13 consecutive profitable years. We believe clients are looking for a more tailored service and we aim to be proactive and innovative in our approach and deal with clients responsibly and fairly.
As a business Liberum endeavours to hire and retain people of the highest calibre. The culture is one of a shared and collective responsibility and to this end the company is 100% employee owned.