The Collateral Analyst is responsible for ensuring the integrity of collateral and loan information for an assigned portfolio of Asset Based, Factoring or Invoice Discounting clients. Responsibilities include day to day client contact, various involvement in initial client set-ups, review, analysis and reconciliation of Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC) and supporting documentation; processing of advances, collection and collateral update; escalation of reporting exceptions; periodic work-up of ineligible collateral; daily interface with the borrower and internal operational units; invoice review and processing; participation settlements with syndicate members; follow-up and resolution of past due reporting delinquencies; and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Competitve Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Beneftis
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
Junior Collateral Analyst - London
- Reviews and analyzes BBC and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness; updates collateral information on loan & collateral monitoring system; reconciles collateral, loan, unapplied cash and excess availability between the loan & collateral monitoring system and BBC; identifies and resolves outstanding items;
- Reviews collection received in the Cash Collateral Account and ensures accurate application on the loan & collateral monitoring system; monitors daily borrowing availability and processes advance requests of customers; ensures all appropriate authorizations/approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls;
- Analyzes accounts receivable and inventory reports of customers and calculates ineligible collateral; reviews and incorporates audit findings relevant to the assigned portfolio. Creates and uses pivot tables and v-look-up tables to analyze data;
- Reviews and processes interest and fee invoice; performs settlement with syndicate members; follows-up and resolves past due reporting delinquencies, if any;
- Assists Lender clients in monitoring on-going portfolio risk exposure by identifying and escalating suspicious/inconsistent activities, reporting exceptions, material variance, and over-advance issues;
- Serves as backup for other Collateral Analysts; maintains up-to-date and well-organized documentation and files;
- Develops and maintains solid working relationship with lenders and borrowers and provides exceptional customer service; ensures operational excellence by maintaining accuracy, internal control, compliance, communication and teamwork.
- A degree from a two-year college or technical school, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- Knowledge in key areas of loan operations such as loan processing and documentation, a plus;
- A high level of proficiency, accuracy and performance in all tasks is required;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated team player with a high level of initiative, accountability and adaptability;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleague;
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment to make decision affecting both clients, borrowers and Cortland;
- Experience with data mining, reconciliation and loan administration work, a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Stucky NT/ABL or similar collateral monitoring systems is a plus.