Junior Business Development Associate – Specialist Asset Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Ferox Capital LLP
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
An outstanding opportunity to join an established and successful specialist investment firm as junior investor relations/business development associate.
Ferox Capital is a specialist investment manager based in London. The firm focuses on convertible bonds and manages both hedge funds and long-only strategies.
The role will entail working as part of the business development and investor relations team alongside two extremely experienced and successful marketers. The successful candidate will be able to learn all aspects of fund marketing and will gain an unrivalled insight into the theory and execution behind managing some of the best convertible bond funds in the world.
This is a rare and exceptional opportunity.
The goal will be to ensure the Firm’s client interaction is always efficient, accurate and professional. The applicant will need to deliver high-quality and proactive support to the business development team whilst managing conflicting demands on their time.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Respond to client and prospect enquiries received by the Firm
- Research prospects and markets to provide qualified leads and market insight to the sales team
- Update presentations or create new content and slides as required
- Ensure all appropriate mandate opportunities are identified
- Research and maintain data on the competitive landscape in key markets
- Optimise effectiveness of sales trips, sourcing leads, planning meetings and providing pre trip information packs
- Coordinate firm’s response to Request for Proposals
We are looking for self-motivated, highly ambitious candidates with a strong work ethic and a real desire to learn. Requisite qualities for the role would include an ability to be proactive, learn fast and take responsibility quickly. We value honesty, integrity and enthusiasm. The candidate will need an eye for detail and initiative.
Training will be provided but this role will require technical and theoretical aptitude and, therefore, a strong mathematical ability will be beneficial.
Strong presentational skills will be required, so perfect fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in a European language would be an additional advantage.
- Degree level education with strong academic record
- Interest in financial markets and derivatives
- Excellent Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Previous client service or marketing experience would be beneficial