- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Apr 19
Junior Application and Production Support Analyst # 123472
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
This role in our team offers:
- The opportunity to work as a Support Engineer to join the SAMI team (Semantic Technology, Analytics, and Machine Intelligence) in London that is responsible for the strategic eCommunications Surveillance and Big Data platforms and Machine Learning capabilities. The Ecomms platform leverages products built on ElasticSearch and Hadoop, two big data technology frameworks. The Big Data as a Service platform is used by all Business Units globally for intensive data processing and analytics. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to support applications aligned against these various frameworks.
- You are part of a globally distributed team, with other members based in Pune, Zurich, Raleigh, New York, and London.
- Responsibility for supporting the application and infrastructure environment globally. You will direct end user interaction to support the platform.
- Ownership of reporting solutions where statuses of environmental impacts are regularly reported.
- Direct responsibility to prepare and present operational field procedures that reflect the complexity of the environment. You will also be training other members of the team on these procedures.
- Application and Component Upgrades, Testing and Releases.
- You will engineer/build/deploy new environments for new business and regional deployments and have the opportunity for stretch assignments in next generation Big Data & Machine Learning technologies.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in Application and Production support.
- Awareness of automated deployment technologies such as Ansible or SALT. Demonstrate awareness of security technologies like Kerberos and SSL.
- Experience with collaboration platforms that allow for distributed development practices such as JIRA, GIT.
- Experience with BASH scripting and troubleshooting application errors in Linux environments along with familiarity with SQL.
- Effective communication skills allowing for broader engagement with clients and management.
- Experience in Service Management i.e. Release management, Change management, incident management.
- The ability to function within a multidisciplinary, global team and act as a self-starter with a strong curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the skill to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience. You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive, empathetic personality and can-do attitude who loves to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments. You have good client facing skills and the ability to present deep technical findings to a business audience and possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills in English.
For more information visit Technology Careers .