Jnr Trading Analytics Operations Analyst
Jnr Trading Analytics Operations Analyst About Us
The IHS Markit Transaction Cost Analysis team provides independent research, trade analysis, and consulting services for multiple asset classes to the financial services community comprised of institutional asset managers and sell side broker dealers. The group provides trading analysis including actionable insights to the most challenging trade implementation questions: algorithmic trading performance, venue toxicity, and the impact of high frequency trading front-running to the client base. Your Role
The analyst will be responsible for managing projects to onboard clients to the IHS Markit TCA suite of products; organizing and leading meetings with clients; analyzing client files for TCA suitability; writing specifications for the development team; QA'ing results; and serving as the primary client point of contact throughout the onboarding process. Duties & accountabilities
- Lead projects to ensure clients are successfully onboarded to the IHS Markit TCA platform in a smooth and timely manner.
- Serve as client point of contact during initial onboarding phase, including answering questions regarding data and file structure, reports and analysis, client trade performance reviews and general technology inquiries.
- Work with product specialists for proof of concept presentations.
- Other projects as assigned.
2-7 years experience onboarding and implementations/operations. Candidate should posses intermediate SQL skills, be highly organized, comfortable talking to clients and developers. Knowledge of financial markets and Python is a plus. This role involves daily interactions with customers, and the ability to understand, document, and communicate technical requirements. Education & experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Finance, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Economics, or other analytically-oriented field
- Strong analytical background
- Prior experience with SQL or other database knowledge is preferred
- Python experience is preferred
- Experience with complex Excel functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH) a plus
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to effectively interface with clients and promote the IHS Markit brand
- Understanding of the investment landscape
- Knowledge of institutional trading is a plus
- Personal impact
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and ownership of job responsibilities
- Must be able to perform job duties accurately and timely
- Must adhere to deadlines and targets given
- Must have communication skills to convey complex ideas in a simple format
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.