Java / Scala Developer - IR Cash Trading Systems - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Oct 18
See job description for details
The Foreign Exchange (FX) Technology team is responsible for the core technologies providing trade capture and risk management for the FX business - traders and salespeople. On the trading side, the systems allow traders to manage trades and positions, calculate P&L, and determine risk during the entire trading life-cycle. For salespeople, the technology team provides applications allowing them to price and execute trades agreed with clients, and to view clients’ trades, positions and revenues.
This particular position, of Java Services Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of existing systems’ architecture
- Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Working closely with colleagues in the FX technology team and other technology teams to collaborate on delivering integrated solutions
- Providing support for traders and salespeople with application and infrastructure questions or issues.
To support these responsibilities, FX technology team members must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with other senior developers and with the trading desk (traders and strats) directly. Meeting deadlines and delivering results to the business and to the rest of the team is paramount, as is having a strong sense of ownership and commitment.
- Professional development experience: 3+ years
- Strong core Java development within a service oriented architecture: comfortable with threading, interprocess communication, XML-based messaging
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL
- Communication: able to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Knowledge of FIX protocol and experience developing FIX applications
- Experience developing high throughput transaction/event processing systems
- Experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX) operating system
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange Trading systems
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1