Java / Scala Developer - Equity Derivatives - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is the number one Equities house globally. Morgan Stanley’s Equity Derivatives business is supported by a global processing platform for Vanilla and Exotic Structured OTC Derivatives, encompassing pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle processing, confirmation, collateral management and settlement.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) is a global team which develops enterprise systems in support of Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group, including Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. The ESTAR group within IST provides technology solutions to the Equities Business. This role is within the Derivatives Trade Capture team with the key focus on implementing trade capture and trade lifecycle management applications for our traders and their support teams.
We have an exciting opportunity within our global OTC Equity Derivatives trade capture development team for a senior Java or Scala developer. This is a hands-on role that will enable the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in the build-out of our strategic server platform of core global OTC Equity Derivative systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with our front-office users across Sales and Trading, as well as Operations, to enable innovative business ideas and increase business efficiency.
- Taking ownership to deliver projects and involvement in the full development lifecycle of the project.
- Engaging with other lead-developers and senior technologists globally to drive both the platform’s resiliency and scalability, as well as the team’s development experience, tooling and best practice
You will be working on the following:
- Server side development using both Java (8) and Scala (2.11)
- UIs in WPF and AngularJS
- Extensive use of open source, including Spring, Gradle, Akka, Guava, Apache CXF, Commons and Zookeeper
- Globally distributed platform deployed across Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and New York
- Utilisation of the latest Firm technologies including Treadmill PaaS, Splunk-based LaaS and Service Discovery
- In-depth knowledge and solid commercial experience of Java
- Functional programming experience, preferably in Scala
- Experience in automated testing (junit, scalatest, BDD) and continuous integration platforms
- Good architectural knowledge, and experience working with frameworks & distributed environments
- Experience in sales and trading platforms or middle office trade processing systems in Equities / FX / Fixed Income / Derivatives domain
- Some Python experience would be beneficial
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1