Java Software Engineer in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Java Software Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You'll be designing, producing, testing and implementing working code, working across the lifecycle of the system
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
Working in a permanent feature team, you'll be developing knowledge of aspects of the associated platform across the disciplines of business, applications, data and infrastructure. You'll also be liaising with principal engineers, architects in the domain and other key stakeholders to understand how the platform works and how it supports business objectives.
The skills you'll need
- Applying Agile methods to the development of software on the backlog
- Producing resilient and long-lived software and acting flexibly to cope with future needs
- Delivering intentional architecture and formulating emergent design through innovative ideas, experimentation and prototyping
- Designing and developing software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, using executable patterns
You'll need to have experience of event and message-driven architectures and a background of using Spring-Boot to develop Java microservices. You'll have a polyglot approach to programming, with the ability to work with other languages, such as Python and GoLang.
We're looking for someone with strong full stack experience in software design and implementation, including being able to exploit coding languages to solve complex problems. You'll also need to be capable of complex requirements analysis capture and validation against and with business and systems requirements.
Additionally, you'll demonstrate:
- An understanding of networking, load balancing and associated on-the-wire network protocols, such as TLS, HTTP and REST
- Knowledge of security:, including authN, authZ, PKI, certificates and the associated standards
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Good knowledge of developer tooling that support CI/CD - Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Apache Maven, Artifactory, Nexus and Sonarqube
- Experience of leading the implementation of programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
- Sound collaboration and stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.