Java Software Engineer
Portfolio Valuations is a fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms using established valuation methodologies, quantitative techniques and industry standard models. Position summary:
Java developer working on the Scheduled Valuations team within Portfolio Valuations. You'll be working with Cloud technologies (high-performance server-less computing, relational and non-relational databases, distributed caches) to deliver and grow a platform capable of processing tens of thousands of valuations per minute. As well as delivering software of high quality, you'll work towards the team's goals of high test-coverage; automated infrastructure and deployments; and agile cycles of code delivery, testing and feedback.
Some of the technologies and areas you'll have the opportunity to gain exposure to are:
Duties & accountabilities:
- Java 11
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Cloud deployment technologies (Terraform)
- Highly performant and scalable distributed applications
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and derivatives
Desired skill set:
- Develop new software and enhance existing software to high quality standards.
- Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
- Work with business analysts and product specialists to maintenance and improve to our platform. Provide technical support and guidance as required.
- Take ownership and responsibility for projects and see them through to successful delivery.
- Degree in computer science or numerate discipline, or equivalent background.
- 3-5 years of professional development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Java is required.
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the rest of the global Portfolio Valuations team.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.