Java Engineer - Front Office Control Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals. Your Impact
The Global Markets Division (GMD) requires a Full Stack React/Java Engineer to join the Supervisory Uplift programme to create a new state-of-the-art Operating Risk Management and Controls platform for its Front Office Sales and Trading teams.
The programme is tasked with delivering significant business impact, putting the firm ahead of the rest of the street, by creating a high-tech central platform to streamline controls management and execution and, operating risk management and monitoring.
The platform will be used by individual traders and sales persons, desk supervisors and head, all the way up to the most senior of risk management teams. In addition to the extensive use by the first line of defence, the platform will also meet the needs of the second and third lines of defence (i.e. Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit etc.) as well as external regulators and audit teams.
The delivery team is growing fast and the programme has been selected as one of the CIO's top 5 flagship initiatives for GMD making it one of the firm's most strategic initiatives.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-execution, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Driven individual with strong analytical, design and architecture skills
- Ability to efficiently work within a global team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to work in a high paced environment
- Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support ROTA
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong technical skills (Java, database, scripting) with extensive experience in design & hands-on coding following SDLC standards.
- Strong skills in Web services, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate
- Strong OO design skills and experience.
- Strong Data Structure and Algorithm knowledge.
- Design Patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG/Mockito/Fitnesse/Cucumber) and concepts (Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing)
- Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with near real time transactional systems like Kafka
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other NoSQL database
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity