See job description for details
Fund Services business provides various services to Hedge Funds like Investor Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Analytics, Reconciliation etc. Fund Services Technology team builds and maintenance software to help Fund Services Business to meet their business goals. Fund Services functionality is a core area of Prime Brokerage business which makes Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage business unique compared to other banks. Fund Services is currently one of the expanding area in Prime Brokerage and huge investments are currently made in IT to expand the business. Fund Services Technology team currently have 100 plus software developers located in New York, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore, now looking at expanding the technology team in London.
The team is very flexible regarding which technologies or approaches we use (start-up company mentality) and everyone is encouraged to think creatively and brainstorm new ideas. We currently use Java 1.8, Spring framework, Angular/Typescript, etc. We are working on a number of new business asks and product offerings along with renovating the system to scale the application by moving to cloud and also to become real-time in every aspect
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives end to end as well as providing operation support for solutions in production.
- The focus is on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment, time to market is critical, but we cannot compromise on scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance
- The role offers great business exposure working directly with key stakeholders to implement technical deliverable and deliver the next generation statements and risk management platforms, working in an innovative forward thinking team at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Supports a growth culture by facilitating knowledge share between the employees
- Leverage Industry best practices and tools to continuously improve teams ability to deliver and maintain solutions
- Actively mentor developers to increase technical and soft skills in support of organisation's mission, goals and objectives
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Champion agile best practices and continuous delivery
What we are looking for:
- Any object oriented programming language, with willingness to learn and work on any modern technologies
- Writes clean code and has good software design principles
- Enjoys the full SDLC life cycle from working with users to get requirements, coding and releasing to production.
- Follows TDD, BDD and Agile software delivery.
- Not required to have any finance knowledge
- Keen to continuously learn new technologies and enjoys problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.