Java Developer, Credit Electronic Trading, Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a growing technology team building an electronic offering for a new and enthusiastic trading team
Department & role overview:
We are a focused and user oriented development team. A ground-up review of the credit business has led to demand for dedicated developers to support an expansion of the electronic credit franchise at Nomura, including development of a cross-product RFQ and pricing engines to consolidate a range of existing systems.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a growing technology team building an electronic offering for a new and enthusiastic trading team. You will be developing high performance components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
You are a confident and self-motivating developer with some understanding of fixed income electronic markets. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders from across the investment bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and are willing to deal with demanding business users. You are familiar with the credit market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable system to a trading desk.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Experience in financial services development roles
- Some business knowledge covering core fixed income products
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Java server development skillset with understanding of core Java, design patterns, multithreading, IPC and coding for performance on the JVM
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Java server development skills
- Some credit business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
- Object oriented design and development, design patterns
- Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco, DB2. SQLServer)
- UI Development using C#, .NET
- B2C (RFQ)
- Bond Pricing
- Agile processes & practices. e.g. Scrum
- Microsoft development stack(WCF, Unity)
- SciChart and DevExpress
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.