Our client is looking for an experienced electronic trading Java developer to help advance its leading market making platform which supports a growing & market-leading business. You will work closely with the global Derivatives trading desks and quantitative strategists to design, develop and operate a low-latency trading platform, working on all aspects including trading strategies, pricing, analytics, signal generation and trading infrastructure.
Java Developer - Automated Risk Trading - VP level
While the role is within the Equity Derivatives technology division the platforms they develop support trading on all asset classes on products that range from simple delta one to complex exotics.
The role offers the opportunity to work with their experienced trading, quant, tech and time-series teams across the globe. You will work across the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. This is a hands-on role requiring continuous delivery to support a high volume of business operating across many global markets.
- You will be using core Java development to build and enhance trading strategies and engines.
- The role involves working directly with the global trading, quant and IT teams to advance the platform and the businesses it serves.
- Track record leading the development of systems in a front-office environment, working with trading and quantitative strategists.
- The project portfolio is varied, spanning new and existing algorithmic logic development, improving the technical and execution performance of trading systems, the generation and analysis of trading signals & data.
- You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from discussing and agreeing requirements, formulating designs developing and deploying the changes.
- The systems you will work on are high volume, low latency, resilient, scalable and message-driven based on cutting edge Java and utilising the latest hardware.
- Hands-on team/tech lead experience.
- Expert-level core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Track record working in a front-office environment, working directly with trading and quantitative strategists to formulate requirements and solutions and delivering them promptly and safely to production.
- Developing system for automated market making and/or algo trading in high volume markets: equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.
- Experience managing the operation of largescale, critical trading systems in high volume and high frequency environments.
- Low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
- You must have electronic trading & market knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX acceptable. Option pricing and trading would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (market maker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of KDB or other time series data analysis systems.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team are essential.
- C# WPF GUI and/or Java Swing GUI development.
- OS level debugging/performance tuning.